Danny Abir create new email
Danny Abir is one of the founding partners of ACTS Law and currently serves as its managing partner. He is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the firm. Equally as important, Danny leads the strategic planning of clients’ cases in the areas of property damage claims, insurance bad faith, catastrophic personal injuries, and products liability. This strategic planning includes creating and implementing the most effective legal strategies to maximize what the firm’s clients can recover from alleged wrongdoers.
Danny has a passion for helping those who cannot help themselves. His extensive law career has fulfilled that passion by allowing him to be an advocate for the underdog and the underserved. “I always rooted for David versus Goliath. Becoming a consumer attorney allows me to protect the legal rights of consumers and citizens against big corporations. I love helping people by protecting their legal rights. That is the best part about being an attorney.”
“Dan Abir is absolutely AMAZING!”
If you’re looking for an honest, well educated, competent, supportive and hard working attorney look no more! He saved me money by advising me against certain actions, referred me to the professionals when the scope of my issue changed, and always made sure he had my best interest in mind. He explained every step and stage of my case with me! I didn’t have to worry about anything. He personally helped me and got back to me with my questions answered at such a fast pace. If you guys need any help, you are at the right place. I couldn’t be happier with the results in my case. I highly recommend Dan Abir!
Work for Firm
After co-founding the firm in 2016, Danny has helped grow ACTS Law to more than 20 lawyers with an impressive record of over $1 Billion in recoveries for their clients. The legal team handles major cases in California and across the United States. Danny is a fierce leader and involved in all key aspects of the firm. He interacts with all of its staff members and is on a never-ending quest to find team members who fit the culture he helped create—a culture of fighting for justice and always working to serve clients’ needs.
Even while handling many of the firm’s business needs, Danny has represented clients in some of the firm’s most important cases over the years:
- Represented the family of a victim of an officer-involved wrongful death matter in Las Vegas with Boris Treyzon
- Worked on several major mass tort cases involving pharmaceutical companies and defective small home appliances
- Represented victims of fraudulent transfers of assets and judgment enforcement leading to a verdict valued in the tens of millions of dollars.
- Represented vendors enforcing judgments against a celebrity entertainer that drew media attention
“Every case where we’ve had an impact on someone’s life has truly touched me. It is a constant reminder that what we’re doing here at ACTS Law can change our clients’ lives for the better.”
When the COVID-19 pandemic brought society to a halt, Danny’s preparation and vision helped the firm transition to virtual work with little disruption. Danny invested in keeping the collegial culture alive through virtual events and focused on continuing to do business with vendors who were willing to be flexible. Moving forward, he hopes more attorneys and law firms will strive to be better prepared for changing economic fortunes and other uncontrollable factors that may affect their business.
“I’ve had the privilege of working with Danny”
I’ve had the privilege of working with Danny on multiple projects now. He is an intelligent and creative marketing and business development mind, and his vision and enthusiasm is contagious!
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Board of Governors
- The American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Board member
- New York University Law School
- LL.M. – Taxation- 1999
- New York University Law School
- LL.M. – International Law- 1995
- Whittier Law School
- J.D. – 1994
- University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science – Finance – 1989
- California State Bar
- United States District Court
- Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Danny serves in multiple professional organizations, including on the board of governors for the Consumer Attorneys of California and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. These organizations focus on consumers’ rights and promoting more collegial relations between plaintiffs’ attorneys and defense attorneys. He also is a member of the American Association of Justice. Danny values this work and these memberships as he believes this is part of the firm’s commitment to serving the community.
“This is how we give back to our community in California and across the nation. We help create favorable court decisions and laws that protect consumers and their rights—and stop people and corporations from taking advantage of them.”
Danny brings a wealth of knowledge to every case and situation. Before entering the private practice of law, he worked in major accounting firms Deloitte and Touche, and KPMG. In addition to his law degree from Whittier University, he also holds Master of Law (LL.M.) degrees from Georgetown University Law Center and the New York University School of Law in International Law and Taxation, respectively.
While studying and working, Danny also wrote substantive articles for law reviews. At Whittier Law School, he wrote “Suing A Foreign Government: A Note on Siderman v. The Republic of Argentina” for the school’s Law Review. His “Monopoly & Merger Regulation in South Korea and Japan: A Comparative Analysis” article appeared in the Boalt Hall Journal of International Tax and Business Law. Danny may be best known for “F.S.I.A: The Right to a Jury Trial in Suits Against Foreign Government Owned Corporations,” published by the Stanford Journal of International Law.
These articles have earned high praise and been frequently cited in other attorneys’ cases and works. They also speak to Danny’s passion for international human rights and championing the underdog, notably the support of the victims of targeted torture by the Argentine military junta.
He brings that same passion and focus to his clients today. “I have always been fascinated by international human rights and legal issues involving human rights. That’s why two of my three scholarly articles relate back to Argentina and Siderman’s case.”
- Whittier Law Review – Suing A Foreign Government: A Note on Siderman v. The Republic of Argentina (1994)
- Boalt Hall Journal of International Tax and Business Law – Monopoly & Merger Regulation in South Korea and Japan: A Comparative Analysis (1995)
- Stanford Journal of International Law – Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act: The Right to a Jury Trial in Suits against Foreign Government-Owned Corporations (1996)
- Advocate – Four trends driving the Great Resignation…And Four Ways To Keep It From Ravaging Your Firm (July 2022)
- Advocate – Law firm growth strategies and how to fund them: Four Essential Considerations When Growing Your Law Firm (July 2022)
- Advocate – A business-minded approach to litigation and trial (July 2022)
- Daily Journal – Four ways to prevent the Great Resignation from ravaging your firm (April 2022)
- Daily Journal – 4 Trends Driving the “Great Resignation” (February 2022)
- The Recorder – Managing the Modern Law Firm (January 2022)
- Daily Journal – 4 Questions Managing Partners at Plaintiffs’ Firms Must Answer to Ensure Prosperity (December 2021)
- Advocate – Managing Cash-Flow (November 2021)
- Daily Journal – Ulterior Motive Behind Push for New Legal Service Models? (October 2021)
- Daily Journal – Nonlawyer Law Firm Ownership is a Cure Worse than the Disease (April 2021)
- Daily Journal – Lessons Learned Leading a Law Firm Through the COVID-19 Pandemic (March 2021)
LET US HELP
At ACTS Law, our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys represent victims in a broad array of case types. We are trial tested and zealous advocates for the rights of our clients. See how we’ve helped others, and how we can help you.