Boris Treyzon is one of the founding partners of ACTS Law and serves as the firm’s lead trial attorney. He is widely recognized as one of the top trial lawyers in the nation, as he regularly obtains significant verdicts and settlements in some of the most complex cases ranging from catastrophic personal injury to business litigation to product liability.
His accomplishments and skills as a trial lawyer are routinely recognized by legal publications and peer organizations. Most recently, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) honored him with their 2021 Trial Lawyer of the Year award and this year he was once again recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer.
Mr. Treyzon’s numerous multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements over the past several years include:
Verdicts & Settlements
- $73 million settlement – class action against a defunct sports league
- $15 million settlement – car accident case involving catastrophic personal injuries
- $12 million judgment – against law firm for failure to pay clients’ share of the settlement of their case.
- $10 million settlement – motorcycle vs. auto accident case, settlement obtained 48 hours before closing arguments following three weeks of trial
- $8.9 million verdict – injured cyclist suing city and state agency over poorly maintained and cleaned road
- $8.425 million verdict – injured food truck employee suing employer after suffering severe injuries and traumatic brain injury while on the job
- $5.9 million verdict – family suing insurance company over failing to properly pay out homeowner’s claim
- $5.75 million settlement – a newlywed woman who suffered a traumatic brain injury suing a closed-street bicycle and pedestrian event organizer
- $4.5 million settlement – for client against a consumer manufacturer in a product liability matter
- $3.5 million settlement – assault victim injured by security staff at a bar
- $2.2 million settlement – family of victim in officer-involved shooting
- $1.5 million settlement – family of victim in officer-involved shooting
- $1.2 million verdict – a mom-and-pop business was cheated out of a contract and forced out of business
- $1 million judgment – business litigation trial involving fraudulent conveyance of assets
“Professional, and informative law firm. “
Boris Treyzon has helped my family and I on several occasions with different cases and made sure to keep us in the loop throughout the whole process. Highly recommend!
Mr. Treyzon received his Juris Doctor in 1997 from University of La Verne School of Law and is admitted to practice in State Courts of the State of California, as well as US District Court. He is an active member of CAALA, Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), and American Association for Justice (AAJ). He also serves on the board of the Brain Society of California, a collaborative group of legal and medical professionals devoted to improving treatments and advocacy for traumatic brain injury patients. He has presented at past Society events, sharing his expertise in cross-discipline seminars.
Work for Firm
Working for ACTS Law is a very different experience for Boris compared to working with other firms. He sees ACTS Law as a fully integrated business, where lawyers support each other and work together to win cases and help clients. He sees the firm as more flexible and with less procedural restraint, in the common objective of getting things done for clients.
Boris is heavily involved throughout the litigation process, handling motions and various hearings. He prides himself on working and advocating vigorously for all his clients. He understands his job as a trial lawyer is to motivate juries and guide them towards a common decision. In the past, Boris has been asked to serve as a temporary judge. He believes that despite the verdict, in favor of his client or not, the jury always gets it right.
Speaking of what he does for his clients, Boris said, “I try to actually, honestly portray them for who they are, why they’re here, where they’re going to be 10 years from now, and what they need. We answer the one most important question the jury never asks: what is the money for?”
“Not your general regular attorney. “
Yes, they did great job at handling the home insurance case. Knowledgeable, smart and diligent. Always on top of things. Great communication. But they were more than that. Great advisers to us as well. And not full of empty promises, but with real understanding of what is possible and what is not. Nice to have someone who does not over promise, just over delivers.
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Public Justice
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- University of La Verne School of Law
- J.D. – 1997
- U.S. District Court
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2022 Daily Journal’s Top 100 Lawyers in California
- 2021 CAALA Trial Lawyer of the Year
Boris is dedicated to CAALA, CAOC, and AAJ as they serve plaintiffs-only attorneys and not larger entities like corporations or governments. The personal impact of the work with individual clients gives him greater professional satisfaction. Boris also appreciates the opportunity to engage and share his experiences with younger lawyers, while they offer novel solutions to legal dilemmas not considered previously. He also has helped other lawyers use the firm’s facilities and resources to help clients. He believes this is part of “universal karma,” the firm’s responsibility to the legal community, and the common pursuit of justice.
“We defend human beings. We defend individuals. That’s the best part about it. When you represent human beings, you affect their lives and it’s a little bit more difficult but way more rewarding.”
LET US HELP
At ACTS Law, our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys represent victims in a broad array of case types. We are trial tested and zealous advocates for the rights of our clients. See how we’ve helped others, and how we can help you.