Boris Treyzon create new email
Boris Treyzon is a founding partner of Abir Cohen Treyzon Salo, LLP and serves as the firm’s lead trial attorney. He represents individuals and businesses in complex litigation matters, catastrophic personal injury cases, and insurance bad faith. He was named the 2021 Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA).
Boris started his own firm, Treyzon and Blank, in 1998 after working outside the field of law, specializing in commercial real estate and international trade. Treyzon and Associates merged into ACTS Law in 2016. Boris’ experience in the business world has helped him in the courtroom, notably learning how to motivate people. That skill comes in handy when working with jurors, a group of people he doesn’t know and has to engage and convince for success in the case.
Boris’ first venture into trial law came in an immigration case, representing an individual incarcerated in a federal facility. Since then, he has handled cases with zealous representation of his clients. He is a staunch believer in the solemn duties and importance of jury trials. Boris believes everyone has a story worth hearing, and when engaging the justice system, deserves an opportunity to pursue justice for their situation as they so desire. He believes the most fulfilling moment in his work is standing with his client as they await the verdict.
“Professional, and informative law firm. “
Boris Treyzon has helped my family and I on several occasions with different cases and made sure to keep us in the loop throughout the whole process. Highly recommend!
Work for Firm
Working for ACTS Law is a very different experience for Boris compared to working with other firms. He sees ACTS Law as fully integrated business, where lawyers support each other and work together to win cases and help clients. He sees the firm as more flexible and with less procedural restraint, in the common objective of getting things done for clients.
“As long as the mantra is, ‘The Client Always Comes First,’ everybody’s decisions are geared towards that outcome. No supervision, no permission, no overrides required. Do whatever you can do to make sure the client comes first.”
Boris has handled a variety of different cases for ACTS Law. Some of his more notable cases include:
- A cyclist permanently injured along a poorly maintained and neglected stretch of roadway
- A man injured in an assault by security staff at a bar
- Victims of police shootings in Los Angeles and Las Vegas
- Victims of defective small home appliances
- Unpaid subcontractors seeking monies owed by city government
- Victims of property damage against insurance companies and city government
- Victim of police assault
Boris handles much of the work for a client as the firm’s lead trial lawyer. He is involved throughout the process, handling motions and various hearings. He prides himself on working and advocating vigorously for all his clients. He understands his job as a trial lawyer is to motivate juries and guide them towards a common decision. In the past, Boris has been asked to serve as a temporary judge. He believes that despite the verdict, in favor of his client or not, the jury always gets it right.
Speaking of what he does for his clients, Boris said, “I try to actually, honestly portray them for who they are, why they’re here, where they’re going to be 10 years from now, what do they need? We answer the one most important question the jury never asks: what is the money for?”
“Not your general regular attorney. “
Yes, they did great job at handling the home insurance case. Knowledgeable, smart and diligent. Always on top of things. Great communication. But they were more than that. Great advisers to us as well. And not full of empty promises, but with real understanding of what is possible and what is not. Nice to have someone who does not over promise, just over delivers.
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Public Justice
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- University of La Verne School of Law
- J.D. – 1997
- U.S. District Court
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2021 CAALA Trial Lawyer of the Year
Boris is a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Public Justice, and the American Association of Justice (AAJ). He also serves on the board of the Brain Society of California, a collaborative group of legal and medical professionals devoted to improving treatments and advocacy for traumatic brain injury patients. He has presented at past Society events, sharing his expertise in cross-discipline seminars.
He is dedicated to those organizations as they serve plaintiffs-only attorneys and not larger entities like corporations or governments. The personal impact of the work with individual clients gives him greater professional satisfaction. Boris also appreciates the opportunity to engage and share his experiences with younger lawyers, while they offer novel solutions to legal dilemmas not considered previously. He also has helped other lawyers use the firm’s facilities and resources to help clients. He believes this is part of “universal karma,” the firm’s responsibility to the legal community, and the common pursuit of justice.
“We defend human beings. We defend individuals. That’s the best part about it. When you represent human beings, you affect their lives and it’s a little bit more difficult but way more rewarding.”
Boris’ work and courtroom prowess has earned him praise from his peers. In 2021, he was named one of four attorneys at ACTS Law named to the California Super Lawyers list.
Verdicts & Settlements
- $8.9 million – injured cyclist suing city and state agency over poorly maintained and cleaned road
- $8.425 million verdict – injured food truck employee suing employer after suffering severe injuries and traumatic brain injury while on the job
- $5.9 million verdict – family suing insurance company over failing to properly pay out homeowner’s claim
- $3.5 million – assault victim injured by security staff at a bar
- $2.2 million – family of victim in officer-involved shooting
- $1.5 million – family of victim in officer-involved shooting
- $800,000 – settlement for business contracted for city infrastructure work that went unpaid for a prolonged time
- $648,981 – insurance payout to a small business and property owner over damages caused by faulty street work
- $402,410 – victim of assault by police following a traffic stop
LET US HELP
At Abir Cohen Treyzon Salo, LLP, our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys represent victims in a broad array of case types. We are trial tested and zealous advocates for the rights of our clients. See how we’ve helped others, and how we can help you.