James G. Perry
James G. Perry is a trial attorney with ACTS Law with a practice focused on class actions, mass tort, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and medical malpractice cases. With significant trial experience, including almost a decade in District Attorney offices and well over fifty trials, Mr. Perry is skilled at handling matters from inception all the way to verdict.
With a particular focus on complex environmental matters, in state and federal court, Mr. Perry has represented clients in class action and mass action matters involving, for example, the Carson Hydrogen Sulfide crisis, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Water Contamination crisis, and the Orange County Oil Spill.
Prior to joining private practice, he spent nearly a decade in two different District Attorney offices. From 2013 to 2021, he handled a heavy prosecutorial caseload with the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, litigating numerous cases from inception through resolution. He completed more than 35 jury trials, including 15 bench trials. Before departing the LADA’s Office, the vast majority of Mr. Perry’s cases were homicide related and many involved complex conspiracies and factual scenarios. During his time as a Deputy District Attorney, Mr. Perry directed and advised investigative teams, provided legal and tactical analysis, and conducted training seminars for the law enforcement community.
Mr. Perry also deeply enjoys passing down his trial advocacy experience to younger lawyers and students. He has spent the past seven years teaching, coaching, and guest judging for various organizations, including Berkeley Law School, Southwestern Law School, Cal Poly Pomona, American Association for Justice, and county-wide high school associations.
- Class actions
- Mass Tort
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D. May 2011
- Berkeley Technology Law Journal, Publishing Editor
- Berkeley Law Board of Advocate, Trial Attorney
- Jurisprudence Award (highest grade in class): Civ. Pro. I & II; LRW I; Wine Law
- Bales Trial Competition: Outstanding Advocate Award, Semi-Finalist
- ABA L&E Trial Competition: San Francisco Reg. Champion, Nat. Semi-Finalist
- California State Polytechnic University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Sept. 2008
- American Mock Trial Association: All-Region Attorney (2007 & 2008)
- All-Nation Attorney (2008) (top 20 in country)
LET US HELP
At ACTS Law, our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys represent victims in a broad array of case types. We are trial tested and zealous advocates for the rights of our clients. See how we’ve helped others, and how we can help you.