FREE CONSULTATION
Review Us

WELCOME TO THE ACTS LAW

Knowledge Center

Tyga’s Arrest Warrant To Be Canceled After Rapper And Landlord Reach Settlement, Lawyer Says

Tyga’s Arrest Warrant To Be Canceled After Rapper And Landlord Reach Settlement, Lawyer Says

The rapper Tyga and his former landlord have reached a settlement in their legal dispute over the performer’s rental of a Malibu mansion, clearing the way for a Los Angeles County judge to revoke an arrest warrant issued for him earlier this week after he failed to show up for a court hearing.

A confidential settlement was finalized Thursday “to the mutual satisfaction of all parties,” said lawyer Danny Abir, whose firm, Abir Cohen Treyzon Salo, represents the landlord, Gholamreza Rezai.

The landlord is “very satisfied” with the settlement, Abir said.

Tyga was scheduled to be questioned Tuesday under oath about his financial affairs and assets because he had yet to pay a judgment of more than $480,000 stemming from a lawsuit filed by Rezai in 2012.

The interrogation probably would have pried open the private business affairs of the 26-year-old “Rack City” rapper, who has been romantically involved with the youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, Kylie Jenner.

When Tyga did not show up in court, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Nancy L. Newman signed off on the arrest warrant, with bail set at $10,000, according to Abir.

The pending warrant posed a significant problem for Tyga, who is traveling out of the United States and would probably face arrest on his return, Abir said. Lawyers plan on notifying the judge of the settlement on Friday, setting the stage for her to cancel the warrant.

The case traces to 2011, when Tyga rented a Malibu mansion overlooking the Pacific Ocean for $16,000 a month, according to court papers. He missed a monthly rental payment before breaking his lease early, court papers allege.

Posted on August 12, 2016admin
FREE
CONSULTATION

Let Us Be Your Voice.

Call us at (833) ACTS-LAW for a free consultation.

A Message to Our Clients About Coronavirus COVID-19:
PLEASE READ »

A Message to Our Clients About Coronavirus COVID-19

At Abir Cohen Treyzon Salo, LLP, we view the safety and well-being of our clients, staff and business partners as our highest priority.

The situation regarding the COVID-19 virus is continually changing, and we are following all recommended guidelines to stay healthy.

Currently, our law firm is remaining open to serve your legal needs.

We are happy to arrange for phone or video consultations should you have any concerns about keeping your scheduled appointments with us. We are also able to exchange documents via secure drives or email.

Should you have any concerns regarding an upcoming meeting with us, please contact us online or call (833) ACTS-LAW.

Thank you and take care.

Live Chat Text Us